Tatto Removal (YAG Laser)
Tatto Removal (YAG Laser)
Tattoo removal treatments and equipment, a laser technology is used to target the ink of the tattoo and to apply localized pulses of light, aimed to decompose the tattoo’s pigment clusters. More specifically, this pulsed light safely passes through the skin’s outer layer and is absorbed by the ink; the light is then converted to heat, which breaks the ink down into much smaller, more manageable particles. The body’s lymphatic system then filters these particles out over several weeks’ time and, as this natural elimination occurs, the tattoo fades and eventually disappears.
YAG Laser includes varying spot sizes and other customizable settings to ensure the most effective removal with the lowest risk of side effects. While the number of treatment sessions depends on the colour, size and placement of tattoo, all profiles can be effectively and safely treated.
The following are some of the main advantages of YAG Laser tattoo removal treatments:
- Treatment is effective, resulting in dramatic disappearance of the tattoo after several sessions. On the average professional tattoos require 6-10 treatments with 6 being the average, spaced approximately 1 month apart. Amateur tattoos require even fewer treatments. The number of treatments depends on the amount and type of ink used and the depth of the ink in the skin. Rarely are more then 10 treatments needed.
- Treatment delivers results on tattoos of all sizes and colours of ink. Dark inks (blue or black) and red inks fade the best. Orange,Yellow and Purple often respond well. Green ink can be most difficult to remove, although additional treatments can provide significant fading.
- The risk of side effects is minimal
- No downtime is required, allowing patients to return to normal activity immediately. Usually there will be pin point bleeding associated with the treatment. Occasionally a blister may form. An anti-bacterial ointment and a dressing may be applied to the area. The treated area should be kept clean with continued application of an ointment. A shower can be taken the next day, but the treated area should not be scrubbed.
- Equipment is easy to use and treatments are easy to perform.
- High patient satisfaction is consistently achieved.
Will I have a scar?
Our YAG laser is so quick that they’re able to dissolve the ink without destroying the live tissue in the process. Similar to running your hand over a candle very quickly, there is not enough time to burn the skin. Redness, swelling, blistering, and scabbing may follow tattoo removal laser treatments. But our laser technology combined with proper aftercare ensures that there will be no scarring. The Laser emits light in very short flashes called pulses. The impact of the energy from the power pulse of light is very similar to the snap of a rubber band.